Rural Tours has been established for more than 30 years, and is New Zealand’s largest farmstay and specialised accommodation provider. Rural Tours is a privately owned company with an extensive database of hosts throughout the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
Rural Tours have a reputation for providing a prompt and efficient reservations service, and are focused on providing memorable lifestyle experiences for international visitors to NZ.
RURAL TOURS ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Rural Tours Ltd recognises that by its very nature farming the land in New Zealand has an impact on the environment, however we have the policy of seeking to minimise the impacts whilst maintaining profitability.
Rural Tours is committed to the minimisation of waste, the saving of energy and natural resources and the prevention of pollution.
Our objectives are:
- Preventing environmental incidents related to its activities
- Complying with all applicable NZ Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, and
- Continually improving our performance relating to the above.
Rural Tours activities can be separated into two categories, in-office and on-farm activities. Both of these activities have some impact on the environment, however Rural Tours has taken the following steps to minimise the effects.
- Actively promoting recycling internally
- Promoting environmental responsibility among our employees and encouraging their input
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Provide a safe working environment
- Providing a smoke free area
Rural Tours has limited control over the operations of the farms used for accommodating clients, however we do not ask for any extra activities of farmers on the farm that will result in a further impact on the environment, for example; if Rural Tours did not exist the impact on the environment would be the same.
However, during the initial assessment stage of potential hosts, a subjective assessment is made on their awareness of their environmental responsibilities.
These cover such topics as:
Health & Safety Management Systems
These topics are also inclusive for the accommodation side of the business that includes discussion around the impact guests have on the environment within the home.
Rural Tours recognises the commitment farmers make on their environmental impact, and supports all hosts on minimising any activities that may cause harm to the environment.